UltraPole NXT and UltraArm NXT:
- use less energy, fossil fuels, and water to produce; with lower ecotoxicity than other materials used in poles
- have a wider range of disposal options at the end of life
- The active ingredient, DCOI, earned the EPA’s President’s Green Chemistry Challenge Award in 1996 for its use as an alternative to tributyltin (TBT) compounds in marine antifoulant coatings.
- DCOI is also the active ingredient in Ecolife®, the best performing, non-metal based, above-ground residential deck preservative on the market.
- DCOI is also used in water treatment, paints and coatings, adhesives, vinyl roof membranes, vinyl flooring, marine upholstery, outdoor furniture, and shower curtains for example.
- DCOI is stable and leach resistant.
- DCOI is effective against wood decay fungi and termites.